As I was cleaning my house the other day, I discovered a 'happy new year' card which I forgot to send to some friends. Shame on me. It's already August and they had to do without the best wishes for 2012 for 7 months .... So to make it up to them, I made this card featuring one of my QR-codes in crossstitch. These QR-codes (or quick response codes) are currently quite the hype and can be seen in ads, on food labelling, in stores, etc. They can be scanned by smart-phones and usually result in a website / URL or other information. Mine reads: Home Sweet Home and is made of 900 individual crossstitches. Not the pixelated drawings you can see in those ads, but actually stitched one pixl at the time..... So by using an 'ancient' and sometimes referred to as 'old-fashioned' technique, I have created something truely 21st century !!!! Now all I have to hope for is that my friends can forgive me when they receive this unique card.
No comments:
Post a Comment